ASP, jail warden suspended after attack on Sarabji
Zee Media Bureau
Lahore: An Assistant Superintendent of Police and jail warden were on Friday suspended following an attack on Indian national and death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
According to Pakistan media reports, Punjab Home Department has ordered an investigation into the attack.
According to Inspector General (IG) Punjab, Assistant Superintendent, jail warden and several other personnel have been suspended for sleeping on the job.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter