Assam: Accountant commits suicide, blames sitting Congress MLA
Tezpur: A head accountant of Assam government`s Irrigation department allegedly committed suicide here, police said on Monday.
The head accountant Mothur Chandra Nath, currently posted in Udalguri district, hanged himself last night at his residence here.
In a 22-page suicide note, he blamed the sitting Congress MLA from Sonai in Cachar district Enamul Haque Laskar for allegedly driving him to this state, the police said.
Nath in the suicide note alleged that during the last assembly polls in 2011, he was forced by Laskar, who was then an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Irrigation department, to collect huge amount of cash from contractors working for the department to fund his election expenses.
He further alleged that the contractors were now demanding that the amount be returned but Laskar did not respond to these demands.
The matter was under investigation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead