Assam: Accountant commits suicide, blames sitting Congress MLA
Tezpur: A head accountant of Assam government`s Irrigation department allegedly committed suicide here, police said on Monday.
The head accountant Mothur Chandra Nath, currently posted in Udalguri district, hanged himself last night at his residence here.
In a 22-page suicide note, he blamed the sitting Congress MLA from Sonai in Cachar district Enamul Haque Laskar for allegedly driving him to this state, the police said.
Nath in the suicide note alleged that during the last assembly polls in 2011, he was forced by Laskar, who was then an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Irrigation department, to collect huge amount of cash from contractors working for the department to fund his election expenses.
He further alleged that the contractors were now demanding that the amount be returned but Laskar did not respond to these demands.
The matter was under investigation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics