Assam: Accountant commits suicide, blames sitting Congress MLA
Tezpur: A head accountant of Assam government`s Irrigation department allegedly committed suicide here, police said on Monday.
The head accountant Mothur Chandra Nath, currently posted in Udalguri district, hanged himself last night at his residence here.
In a 22-page suicide note, he blamed the sitting Congress MLA from Sonai in Cachar district Enamul Haque Laskar for allegedly driving him to this state, the police said.
Nath in the suicide note alleged that during the last assembly polls in 2011, he was forced by Laskar, who was then an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Irrigation department, to collect huge amount of cash from contractors working for the department to fund his election expenses.
He further alleged that the contractors were now demanding that the amount be returned but Laskar did not respond to these demands.
The matter was under investigation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off