Assam Chief Minister heckled, convoy blocked by angry students
Jorhat: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
was today allegedly heckled and his convoy blocked by
protesting students here after he announced that engineering
colleges in the state would be privatised.
Laying the foundation stone of a new block of Jorhat
Engineering College here, Gogoi said engineering colleges and
polytechnics in the state would be privatised.
The announcement angered the students who shouted
slogans against the chief minister and interrupted his speech.
They even blocked the gate and the road through which he was
scheduled to pass.
Gogoi`s convoy, however, went through another route
but students continued to block the road and later marched
towards the Circuit House where the chief minister is staying.
Police, however, tried to stop the students but the
situation remained tense as they continued with their protest,
official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani