Assam Chief Minister heckled, convoy blocked by angry students
Jorhat: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
was today allegedly heckled and his convoy blocked by
protesting students here after he announced that engineering
colleges in the state would be privatised.
Laying the foundation stone of a new block of Jorhat
Engineering College here, Gogoi said engineering colleges and
polytechnics in the state would be privatised.
The announcement angered the students who shouted
slogans against the chief minister and interrupted his speech.
They even blocked the gate and the road through which he was
scheduled to pass.
Gogoi`s convoy, however, went through another route
but students continued to block the road and later marched
towards the Circuit House where the chief minister is staying.
Police, however, tried to stop the students but the
situation remained tense as they continued with their protest,
official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh