Assam Chief Minister heckled, convoy blocked by angry students
Jorhat: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
was today allegedly heckled and his convoy blocked by
protesting students here after he announced that engineering
colleges in the state would be privatised.
Laying the foundation stone of a new block of Jorhat
Engineering College here, Gogoi said engineering colleges and
polytechnics in the state would be privatised.
The announcement angered the students who shouted
slogans against the chief minister and interrupted his speech.
They even blocked the gate and the road through which he was
scheduled to pass.
Gogoi`s convoy, however, went through another route
but students continued to block the road and later marched
towards the Circuit House where the chief minister is staying.
Police, however, tried to stop the students but the
situation remained tense as they continued with their protest,
official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH