Assam CM takes a dig at Narendra Modi on Twitter, questions his secularism
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ever since the Bhartiya Janata Party announced Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate for 2104 poll, there have varied reactions regarding the Gujarat Chief Minister by members of the political fraternity. The latest to comment on Modi is the Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
Assam CM attacked the Gujarat CM on Twitter, questioning his "secularism". "Where was Modi`s secularism when his former minister Kodnani was involved in communal riots in Gujarat?" tweeted Gogoi.
Maya Kodnani has been convicted and is in the jail at present.
BJP president Rajnath Singh formally announced the name Modi as the party`s face for next General elections last week, putting an end of intense media speculations for days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray