Assam Rifles seizes arms, explosives along eastern frontier
New Delhi: The Assam Rifles has undertaken a number of operations seizing weapons and explosives along the eastern frontier of the country.
"In a number of operations across the North Eastern states of Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, the Assam Rifles has recovered a large number of weapons, ammunitions and apprehended 10 persons including one self-styled Commander-in-Chief of Dimasa National Liberation Force.
The recoveries include 31 weapons of which 24 are AK series weapons and 450 gelatin sticks. The operations are still in progress and more recoveries are expected," a statement from the Union Home Ministry here said.
The Assam Rifles guards Indian frontier with Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA plans to send submarine to Saturn's moon Titan
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- ABVP JNU unit vice-president Jatin Goraya resigns
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!