Assam Rifles seizes arms, explosives along eastern frontier
New Delhi: The Assam Rifles has undertaken a number of operations seizing weapons and explosives along the eastern frontier of the country.
"In a number of operations across the North Eastern states of Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, the Assam Rifles has recovered a large number of weapons, ammunitions and apprehended 10 persons including one self-styled Commander-in-Chief of Dimasa National Liberation Force.
The recoveries include 31 weapons of which 24 are AK series weapons and 450 gelatin sticks. The operations are still in progress and more recoveries are expected," a statement from the Union Home Ministry here said.
The Assam Rifles guards Indian frontier with Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued