Assam Rifles seizes arms, explosives along eastern frontier
New Delhi: The Assam Rifles has undertaken a number of operations seizing weapons and explosives along the eastern frontier of the country.
"In a number of operations across the North Eastern states of Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, the Assam Rifles has recovered a large number of weapons, ammunitions and apprehended 10 persons including one self-styled Commander-in-Chief of Dimasa National Liberation Force.
The recoveries include 31 weapons of which 24 are AK series weapons and 450 gelatin sticks. The operations are still in progress and more recoveries are expected," a statement from the Union Home Ministry here said.
The Assam Rifles guards Indian frontier with Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'