Assam Rifles seizes arms, explosives along eastern frontier
New Delhi: The Assam Rifles has undertaken a number of operations seizing weapons and explosives along the eastern frontier of the country.
"In a number of operations across the North Eastern states of Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, the Assam Rifles has recovered a large number of weapons, ammunitions and apprehended 10 persons including one self-styled Commander-in-Chief of Dimasa National Liberation Force.
The recoveries include 31 weapons of which 24 are AK series weapons and 450 gelatin sticks. The operations are still in progress and more recoveries are expected," a statement from the Union Home Ministry here said.
The Assam Rifles guards Indian frontier with Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city