Assamese workers held for suspected ULFA link
Kottayam: Three migrant labourers from Assam have been arrested here for their suspected links with ULFA.
According to police, the mobile phone sets seized from them had pictures of key ULFA leaders and visuals of parades conducted by the ultra outfit in parts of Assam.
The arrested were identified as Hemanth Gogoi (22), Dhaniyam Gogoi (53) and Bidyut Chedia (18), all hailing from Assam, police sources said.
They were taken into custody on Wednesday and their arrest recorded late in the evening.
They would be produced before the first class judicial magistrate on Thursday, sources said.
Based on interrogation, police was on the lookout for a person who was believed to have given them the memory card containing ULFA visuals and group song, as part of propagation of ULFA ideology among migrant labourers.
Police also searched the worksite at Kanhirapally in the district where the arrested had been working for the last several months.
The arrested have been charged under Section 41-A of the CrPC (reasonable suspicion of committing offence), sources said.
Construction sector in Kerala has thousands of migrant labourers from north east, mostly from Assam, Orissa and West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters