Assembly elections: Delhi Police on vigil to check model code of conduct violation
New Delhi: Delhi police is on its toes ahead of the upcoming assembly elections as it has the double responsibility of ensuring that the model code of conduct is not violated and providing up-to-date security at all polling booths when the elections take place.
Flying squads are keeping a strict vigil in the city against violation of model code of conduct, like defacing public places with posters, use of money, distribution of illegal liquor, entry of muscle men, among others.
The model code of conduct was enforced on October 4 with announcement of the election date. Three flying squads consisting of officials and policemen are on the lookout in each of the 70 constituencies.
If there is any breach of the model code of conduct, action is being taken and FIR is also being lodged. Every day, a nine-point report is made in all the districts at the DCP or Additional CP level, which is sent to the police headquarters from where a final report is being sent to the State Election Commission.
Police is maintaining a hawk eye on printing presses as they have to comply with section 127A of the Representation of the People Act and publish their names and addresses on banners and hoardings.
Regular meetings are also being held at the police headquarters here in which senior police officials are constantly reviewing the security needs and chalking out plans for peaceful conduct of elections.
As this time about one-fourth of the polling premises for the upcoming Assembly polls have been identified as `critical` by the Delhi Election Commission, police officials are also finalising the deployment needs at each booth.
The number of critical polling premises has more than doubled since the last Delhi assembly election. In 2008, there were 264 such critical premises, but this time around, 634 premises have been identified as critical.
According to estimates, around 35,000 Delhi police personnel will be deployed during the upcoming elections slated for December 4 other than central forces and Home Guards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly