Assembly incident is bias against national language: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as highly
condemnable the slapping of SP MLA Abu Azmi by MNS legislators
in Maharashtra Assembly for taking oath in Hindi, saying it
was a bias against the national language.
"Any such activity should be strongly criticised.
This is not only an attempt to humiliate Hindi language but is
also against the Constitution, which has granted national
language status to it. If anybody keeps such a bias against
our national language, it is highly condemnable," senior party
leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi told reporters here.
He was asked to respond to the incident in the
Asked what action NCP-Congress government would take,
Chaturvedi said, "Whenever he (Raj Thackeray) has carried out
any such activities, we have done whatever can be done
legally... we have registered cases but this is not a thing to
be controlled only by law . An atmosphere should be created in
the country against all such activities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir