Assembly incident is bias against national language: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as highly
condemnable the slapping of SP MLA Abu Azmi by MNS legislators
in Maharashtra Assembly for taking oath in Hindi, saying it
was a bias against the national language.
"Any such activity should be strongly criticised.
This is not only an attempt to humiliate Hindi language but is
also against the Constitution, which has granted national
language status to it. If anybody keeps such a bias against
our national language, it is highly condemnable," senior party
leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi told reporters here.
He was asked to respond to the incident in the
Asked what action NCP-Congress government would take,
Chaturvedi said, "Whenever he (Raj Thackeray) has carried out
any such activities, we have done whatever can be done
legally... we have registered cases but this is not a thing to
be controlled only by law . An atmosphere should be created in
the country against all such activities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air