Assembly incident is bias against national language: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as highly
condemnable the slapping of SP MLA Abu Azmi by MNS legislators
in Maharashtra Assembly for taking oath in Hindi, saying it
was a bias against the national language.
"Any such activity should be strongly criticised.
This is not only an attempt to humiliate Hindi language but is
also against the Constitution, which has granted national
language status to it. If anybody keeps such a bias against
our national language, it is highly condemnable," senior party
leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi told reporters here.
He was asked to respond to the incident in the
Asked what action NCP-Congress government would take,
Chaturvedi said, "Whenever he (Raj Thackeray) has carried out
any such activities, we have done whatever can be done
legally... we have registered cases but this is not a thing to
be controlled only by law . An atmosphere should be created in
the country against all such activities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'