Assembly poll results a mandate against corrupt: Jaiswal
Kanpur: In an apparent dig at ally DMK
which lost the Tamil Nadu assembly elections, Congress leader
and Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Saturday said what the UPA
could not do due to compulsions of coalition politics, people
have done it by their mandate.
"Since we don`t have a majority in the Lok Sabha, we
are running a coalition government which has its own
limitations. Our government had been watching many things and
wanted to stop them, but since there are compulsions of a
coalition government our hands were tied.
"However, people know very well whom to stop and how.
And they have done it in one stroke in these assembly
elections," the Coal Minister told reporters here welcoming
the people`s verdict in the assembly elections held in five
Asked if he was hinting at DMK`s loss in Tamil Nadu,
Jaiswal said "I am not hinting at any one".
He said people of these five states have voted out the
ruling party there to put a brake on corruption.
According to Jaiswal, the results of the assembly
elections in the five states would have a bearing on next
year`s Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
"Corruption is at its peak in Uttar Pradesh and the
Mayawati government will also be shown the door like the
people in West Bengal have done with the 34-year old CPI(M)
rule," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof