Assembly poll results will influence Parliament`s Winter Session: BJP
New Delhi: The results of the assembly elections will influence the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament, the BJP said Wednesday.
"Much of the colour of this parliament (session Dec 5-20) would be determined by the outcome of the election counting on Dec 8," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said here after a meeting with the party leaders.
The meeting was attended by the top BJP leaders, including party president Rajnath Singh, LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley.
Prasad said the final agenda for the session would be decided after a meeting with National Democratic Alliance (NDA) members this evening.
The NDA meeting is scheduled for 6 pm Wednesday evening.
Asked about the demand for extending the session, Prasad said: "Demands have been raised, but many people have raised the issue of Christmas and all these things."
The BJP is opposed to the communal violence bill which is likely to come in the winter session. The party has also sought a discussion on internal security situation in wake of the Patna serial blasts.
Party leaders have also sought passage of the bill to form Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation