Assembly poll results will influence Parliament`s Winter Session: BJP
New Delhi: The results of the assembly elections will influence the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament, the BJP said Wednesday.
"Much of the colour of this parliament (session Dec 5-20) would be determined by the outcome of the election counting on Dec 8," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said here after a meeting with the party leaders.
The meeting was attended by the top BJP leaders, including party president Rajnath Singh, LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley.
Prasad said the final agenda for the session would be decided after a meeting with National Democratic Alliance (NDA) members this evening.
The NDA meeting is scheduled for 6 pm Wednesday evening.
Asked about the demand for extending the session, Prasad said: "Demands have been raised, but many people have raised the issue of Christmas and all these things."
The BJP is opposed to the communal violence bill which is likely to come in the winter session. The party has also sought a discussion on internal security situation in wake of the Patna serial blasts.
Party leaders have also sought passage of the bill to form Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog