Assembly poll results will influence Parliament`s Winter Session: BJP
New Delhi: The results of the assembly elections will influence the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament, the BJP said Wednesday.
"Much of the colour of this parliament (session Dec 5-20) would be determined by the outcome of the election counting on Dec 8," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said here after a meeting with the party leaders.
The meeting was attended by the top BJP leaders, including party president Rajnath Singh, LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley.
Prasad said the final agenda for the session would be decided after a meeting with National Democratic Alliance (NDA) members this evening.
The NDA meeting is scheduled for 6 pm Wednesday evening.
Asked about the demand for extending the session, Prasad said: "Demands have been raised, but many people have raised the issue of Christmas and all these things."
The BJP is opposed to the communal violence bill which is likely to come in the winter session. The party has also sought a discussion on internal security situation in wake of the Patna serial blasts.
Party leaders have also sought passage of the bill to form Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?