Assembly polls in AP, Telangana along with General Elections: EC
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Tuesday made it clear that Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh including the Telangana region will be held along with Lok Sabha polls, rejecting reports to the contrary.
Highly-placed Commission sources said as per law the Commission is constitutionally mandated to hold elections to the Assembly whose term is ending on June 1.
"There is no basis to such reports. Elections (to the Assembly) will be held as per schedule along with the Lok Sabha elections," the sources said dismissing reports that the polls may not be held to the state assemblies along with the Parliament polls.
The Assembly elections will be held in all the 117 constituencies in the proposed Telangana state and 175 seats in the residuary Andhra Pradesh, irrespective of what happens or does not happen regarding the division of the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32