Assets case: Moily welcomes decision of SC judges
New Delhi: With Supreme Court judges
deciding to make public their assets, Law Minister M Veerappa
Moily on Thursday welcomed the move and said it is for the judges to
decide how it should be done.
"It is welcome. It is for the judges to decide how it
should be done because what is best in the interest of the
judges, they are the best judges," he said.
He was reacting to the decision taken yesterday by
apex court judges to declare their asset, an issue that has
been haunting the higher judiciary for quite some time.
Moily said, "Not that it is new, they were not
unwilling but there are certain things for judges unlike
(others as) they are not elected people".
The Minister said that the government never wanted
judges to be embarrassed or inconvenienced. "If they have come
forward to disclose it, it is welcome," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016