Assets case: Moily welcomes decision of SC judges
New Delhi: With Supreme Court judges
deciding to make public their assets, Law Minister M Veerappa
Moily on Thursday welcomed the move and said it is for the judges to
decide how it should be done.
"It is welcome. It is for the judges to decide how it
should be done because what is best in the interest of the
judges, they are the best judges," he said.
He was reacting to the decision taken yesterday by
apex court judges to declare their asset, an issue that has
been haunting the higher judiciary for quite some time.
Moily said, "Not that it is new, they were not
unwilling but there are certain things for judges unlike
(others as) they are not elected people".
The Minister said that the government never wanted
judges to be embarrassed or inconvenienced. "If they have come
forward to disclose it, it is welcome," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan