Assets case: Moily welcomes decision of SC judges
New Delhi: With Supreme Court judges
deciding to make public their assets, Law Minister M Veerappa
Moily on Thursday welcomed the move and said it is for the judges to
decide how it should be done.
"It is welcome. It is for the judges to decide how it
should be done because what is best in the interest of the
judges, they are the best judges," he said.
He was reacting to the decision taken yesterday by
apex court judges to declare their asset, an issue that has
been haunting the higher judiciary for quite some time.
Moily said, "Not that it is new, they were not
unwilling but there are certain things for judges unlike
(others as) they are not elected people".
The Minister said that the government never wanted
judges to be embarrassed or inconvenienced. "If they have come
forward to disclose it, it is welcome," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case