Assets case: Moily welcomes decision of SC judges
New Delhi: With Supreme Court judges
deciding to make public their assets, Law Minister M Veerappa
Moily on Thursday welcomed the move and said it is for the judges to
decide how it should be done.
"It is welcome. It is for the judges to decide how it
should be done because what is best in the interest of the
judges, they are the best judges," he said.
He was reacting to the decision taken yesterday by
apex court judges to declare their asset, an issue that has
been haunting the higher judiciary for quite some time.
Moily said, "Not that it is new, they were not
unwilling but there are certain things for judges unlike
(others as) they are not elected people".
The Minister said that the government never wanted
judges to be embarrassed or inconvenienced. "If they have come
forward to disclose it, it is welcome," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi