Assets of CMs should be probed: Left
Hyderabad: Communist Party of India (CPI) General Secretary A B Bardhan Friday asked Centre to order an inquiry into the "claimed as well as hidden" assets of
Chief Ministers and ministers in the wake of Madhu Koda episode.
Addressing mediapersons here today, Bardhan said, "Madhu Koda is not alone. Corruption is eating into the social and political fibre of our country. The Centre should
investigate thoroughly into the assets of various Chief Ministers and Ministers."
He suggested that there were various agencies like the Enforcement Directorate, Income Tax Department, Central Bureau of Investigation and even the judiciary that could conduct the probe.
"A dark shadow looms over our electoral system in the form of money power. Earlier, it used to be muscle power and later the criminalisation of politics. Now, the role of money
power is becoming an accepted fact," Bardhan said, adding that there were as many as 330 members of Parliament who were "crorepatis."
Referring to the political crisis in Karnataka, the CPI general secretary said the `Bellary mining mafia`, led by Karnataka Tourism Minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, was threatening to destabilise the state government there.
"Congress politicians in Andhra Pradesh are in league with the Bellary mining mafia. In fact, both the Congress and the BJP tried to use this mafia," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened