Assure Indian community of safety: Krishna to US
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Tuesday said he had spoken to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and conveyed to her India`s concerns over the killing of six people in a gurdwara in Wisconsin. He also told her that the US needed to assure the Indian community that it will be safe.
Krishna spoke to Clinton late on Monday.
"I had a chance to talk to Secretary Clinton who is touring South Africa. I have conveyed our concerns about the attack and loss of very precious life in this heinous crime against place of religious worship," Krishna told reporters.
He said he had told her that an "assurance to the Indian community has to come out from the Obama administration that they are going to be quite safe".
"I have also suggested to Secretary Clinton that the places of worship in US cutting across religious denominations must be given full protection... I found she is more than willing to do it and she is as disturbed as anyone of us in India," he said.
Referring to investigations into the attack, he said: "I think the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) of US has already swung into the action. Once they (US) are in possession of the report they might convey to India."
"Our ambassador is in touch with White House with the State Department and I am sure that the kind of inquiry and investigation is going to take place in US is going to reveal the identity and background of the one who was responsible," he added.
A lone gunman opened fire at devotees at a gurdwara in Milwaukee, Wisonsin, killing six people and spreading terror in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi