Athawale evicted, supporters attack Cong office in Mumbai
Mumbai: Activists of Ramdas Athawale-led
RPI on Friday allegedly attacked the Mumbai Congress office after
their leader`s belongings were "thrown out" from his MP
residence in Delhi.
They pelted stones at the newly-renovated office and
shouted slogans against the government.
"We condemn the government`s act of throwing out
Athawale`s belongings out of 8 Lodhi Estate, the residence he
was alloted as a member of the Parliament," a supporter said.
Athawale lost the recent Lok Sabha poll from Shirdi.
RPI supporters shouted slogans against Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and the UPA government. The refurbished MRCC
office, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, was inaugurated by Gandhi earlier
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence