Athawale evicted, supporters attack Cong office in Mumbai
Mumbai: Activists of Ramdas Athawale-led
RPI on Friday allegedly attacked the Mumbai Congress office after
their leader`s belongings were "thrown out" from his MP
residence in Delhi.
They pelted stones at the newly-renovated office and
shouted slogans against the government.
"We condemn the government`s act of throwing out
Athawale`s belongings out of 8 Lodhi Estate, the residence he
was alloted as a member of the Parliament," a supporter said.
Athawale lost the recent Lok Sabha poll from Shirdi.
RPI supporters shouted slogans against Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and the UPA government. The refurbished MRCC
office, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, was inaugurated by Gandhi earlier
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!