Athawale evicted, supporters attack Cong office in Mumbai
Mumbai: Activists of Ramdas Athawale-led
RPI on Friday allegedly attacked the Mumbai Congress office after
their leader`s belongings were "thrown out" from his MP
residence in Delhi.
They pelted stones at the newly-renovated office and
shouted slogans against the government.
"We condemn the government`s act of throwing out
Athawale`s belongings out of 8 Lodhi Estate, the residence he
was alloted as a member of the Parliament," a supporter said.
Athawale lost the recent Lok Sabha poll from Shirdi.
RPI supporters shouted slogans against Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and the UPA government. The refurbished MRCC
office, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, was inaugurated by Gandhi earlier
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader