Atrocities against Dalits on rise in NDA rule: RJD
Patna: The opposition RJD on Sunday slammed
the NDA government for the alleged rise in attacks on dalits
in Bihar citing the recent report of arson at Harchanda
village in Darbhanga district as the latest instance.
"The dalits are being attacked and traumatised by
influential people right under the nose of the NDA
government," RJD Chief General Secretary and Rajya Sabha MP
Ram Kripal Yadav told reporters here after returning from
The dalits of Harchanda village were living in
constant fear of those people who torched their houses a
fews days ago and broke the statute of the dalit icon B R
Ambedkar and vandalised a temple, he said.
The police have not arrested the real perpetrators
even though the number of dalits, arrested and booked
under various provisions of the law was high, Yadav said.
State RJD President Ramchandra Purve has demanded a
compensation of Rs. five lakh each to the aggrieved dalit
families and adequate security to them, besides repair of
damaged Ambedkar`s statute and dalit`s temple, besides the
arrest of attackers and their time-bound prosecution.
The RJD will launch a statewide agitation soon if the
state government failed to accept their demands, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing