Atrocities on minorities in Pak condemned in RS
New Delhi: Condemning atrocities on minorities in Pakistan, a BJP member on Monday demanded in the Rajya Sabha that India raise the issue at international level as it was violation of human rights.
"The day Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf was praying at Ajmer Sharif Dargah for world peace, Christian minorities were being subjected to atrocities in his own nation...Hindu minorities have been facing severe atrocities ...Why not take up the issue at international level," Najma Heptulla said during Zero Hour.
The incidents in Pakistan are violation of human rights and has repercussions on India as well, it being a neighbouring country, she said.
The senior BJP leader said Christian minorities in Lahore were subjected to severe atrocities following allegations of blasphemy against a Christian.
Expressing serious concern over plight of minorities, she said, "Hindus were subjected to genocide at the time of partition and were reduced to minorities. Their girls were converted. Shias too face severe atrocities and their mosques are demolished."
She condemned the attacks on minorities, on which several members from BJP and the ruling parties associated themselves with her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know