Atrocities on minorities in Pak condemned in RS
New Delhi: Condemning atrocities on minorities in Pakistan, a BJP member on Monday demanded in the Rajya Sabha that India raise the issue at international level as it was violation of human rights.
"The day Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf was praying at Ajmer Sharif Dargah for world peace, Christian minorities were being subjected to atrocities in his own nation...Hindu minorities have been facing severe atrocities ...Why not take up the issue at international level," Najma Heptulla said during Zero Hour.
The incidents in Pakistan are violation of human rights and has repercussions on India as well, it being a neighbouring country, she said.
The senior BJP leader said Christian minorities in Lahore were subjected to severe atrocities following allegations of blasphemy against a Christian.
Expressing serious concern over plight of minorities, she said, "Hindus were subjected to genocide at the time of partition and were reduced to minorities. Their girls were converted. Shias too face severe atrocities and their mosques are demolished."
She condemned the attacks on minorities, on which several members from BJP and the ruling parties associated themselves with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof