Atrocities on minorities in Pak condemned in RS
New Delhi: Condemning atrocities on minorities in Pakistan, a BJP member on Monday demanded in the Rajya Sabha that India raise the issue at international level as it was violation of human rights.
"The day Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf was praying at Ajmer Sharif Dargah for world peace, Christian minorities were being subjected to atrocities in his own nation...Hindu minorities have been facing severe atrocities ...Why not take up the issue at international level," Najma Heptulla said during Zero Hour.
The incidents in Pakistan are violation of human rights and has repercussions on India as well, it being a neighbouring country, she said.
The senior BJP leader said Christian minorities in Lahore were subjected to severe atrocities following allegations of blasphemy against a Christian.
Expressing serious concern over plight of minorities, she said, "Hindus were subjected to genocide at the time of partition and were reduced to minorities. Their girls were converted. Shias too face severe atrocities and their mosques are demolished."
She condemned the attacks on minorities, on which several members from BJP and the ruling parties associated themselves with her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list