ATS recovers car used in Ajmer blast
Jaipur: Claiming to have found new leads
in the 2007 Ajmer blast case, the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist
Squad has seized a car believed to have been used in
transporting the bombs even as the names of four more people
cropped up in connection with the case.
"We have recovered a Santro car and brought it from
Indore, recently. It was used by Sunil Joshi (who died during
the course of investigation) to carry bombs, which were
planted in the Ajmer Dargarh, from Indore to Devas in
Gujarat," ATS-Additional SP Satyendra Singh said today.
"The team brought it here as an evidence. The car was
sold to somebody else and no fresh arrest has been made in
this connection," he said.
ATS sources said that name of four more people,
suspected to have links with the blast case have cropped up
during the course of interrogation of another suspect -Mukesh-
who was arrested last month.
The sources said that Bhavesh, Suresh, Mehul and Sunny
are on the ATS scanner.
The ATS has already filed a chargesheet in the blast
case in the court of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate-Ajmer against Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma,
Chander Shekhar Lave, and Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre
The ATS had arrested Devendra Gupta from Ajmer, and
Chandrashekhar and Lokesh from Madhya Pradesh earlier this
year. It later arrested two more suspects - Harshad Bhai
Solanki, who was also involved in Best Bakery case of Vadodara
and absconding since 2004, and Mukesh Vasani, from Gujarat.
The blast in the premises of the dargah of Khawaja
Moinuddin Chishti had left three persons dead and 15 others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list