Attack on Indian Army jawans result of UPA govt`s weak policies: SAD chief
Chandigarh: Strongly condemning the unprovoked killing of five Indian Army jawans on Tuesday in firing by Pakistan soldiers, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal alleged that such attacks were a result of the policy of appeasement followed by the Congress-led UPA government.
Badal, the Shiromani Akali Dal president, said it was a matter of great surprise how Pakistan soldiers repeatedly keep entering our territory to attack our soldiers.
He charged the government at the Centre of having made a mockery of the country by failing to discharge its primary duty of protecting the nation`s frontiers.
The UPA government "has no right to govern the country," Badal said.
He said that Pakistan and China had understood that India had no guts to react even after heinous acts on its sovereignty.
He described the condemnation issued by the Congress President as mere playing to the gallery and said that people of India expect action from the ruling party, not symbolic reactions.
Badal said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should rise to the occasion and show Pakistan that it cannot take the country for granted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video