Attack on Pak prisoner unfortunate: Mirwaiz Umer Farooq
Srinagar: Chairman of moderate Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umer Farooq on Friday termed as "unfortunate" the attack on a Pakistani prisoner in Jammu and demanded immediate shifting of Kashmiri prisoners languishing in different jails across the country to the Valley.
"The murderous assault on Pakistani prisoner Sonaullah is unfortunate and so is the bitterness between India and Pakistan over a minor incident as the relations between the two countries had a direct bearing on the people of Kashmir," he said addressing a Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid in downtown Srinagar here.
He demanded immediate release of separatist leaders and shifting of political prisoners from different parts of the country to the Valley.
The Mirwaiz asked the leadership of India and Pakistan to resolve core issue of Kashmir if they want to improve their relations.
"The trust deficit between India and Pakistan is the root cause behind the uncertainty in the region and the leadership of the two countries should demonstrate political maturity and determination to resolve outstanding issues," the Mirwaiz said.
He said Hurriyat will extend its full support if the two countries move forward to resolve Kashmir issue with sincerity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday