Attack on Sarabjit: India should take on Pak, says BJP
New Delhi: BJP Friday reacted strongly to the attack on Indian national Sarabjit Singh, currently on death row in a Lahore jail, demanding that India should take strong note of it and "warn" Pakistan.
"Pakistani establishment has been hijacked by terrorists. Pakistan government runs at their whims and mercy. The attack on Sarabjit is unfortunate.
"It is more unfortunate since his sister had written to the government warning about threat to Sarabjit`s life in Pakistani jail," party Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
Ruing that "despite the written warning, Indian government did nothing," the BJP leader said "India should take strong note and warn Pakistan".
Targettting the goverrnment here, he said "while we are soft towards culprits here, our innocent people are targeted in Pakistan."
Sarabjit Singh was today attacked and seriously injured on the head by two prisoners in Lahore jail.
The attack occurred when Singh and other prisoners were brought out of their cells for an hour-long break.
Foreign Office spokesman of Pakistan Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry told the media that officials of Kot Lakhpat Jail were probing the incident.
Chaudhry said the Foreign Office was examining a request from the Indian High Commission seeking consular access to Sarabjit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview