Attack on Sarabjit: India should take on Pak, says BJP
New Delhi: BJP Friday reacted strongly to the attack on Indian national Sarabjit Singh, currently on death row in a Lahore jail, demanding that India should take strong note of it and "warn" Pakistan.
"Pakistani establishment has been hijacked by terrorists. Pakistan government runs at their whims and mercy. The attack on Sarabjit is unfortunate.
"It is more unfortunate since his sister had written to the government warning about threat to Sarabjit`s life in Pakistani jail," party Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
Ruing that "despite the written warning, Indian government did nothing," the BJP leader said "India should take strong note and warn Pakistan".
Targettting the goverrnment here, he said "while we are soft towards culprits here, our innocent people are targeted in Pakistan."
Sarabjit Singh was today attacked and seriously injured on the head by two prisoners in Lahore jail.
The attack occurred when Singh and other prisoners were brought out of their cells for an hour-long break.
Foreign Office spokesman of Pakistan Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry told the media that officials of Kot Lakhpat Jail were probing the incident.
Chaudhry said the Foreign Office was examining a request from the Indian High Commission seeking consular access to Sarabjit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says