Attack on Sarabjit shows failure of India`s foreign policy: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday attacked the government for not taking concrete steps in Sarabjit Singh`s case, saying the attack on the Indian prisoner inside a Pakistani jail reflects the "total failure" of India`s foreign policy.
"It is a very sad incident. The Government of India should take stern and effective steps in this case. Sarabjit`s incident proves finally that India`s diplomatic clout and foreign policy has been totally demolished," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said.
He said what is more painful is that Sarabjit`s family members had expressed their apprehensions to the Home and External Affairs Ministers in this regard, but the government did not take any concrete steps to prevent such attack on the Indian prisoner.
"Sarabjit`s condition of a coma indicates to the `coma- like` condition of India`s foreign policy. The foreign policy of India is slowly slipping into a coma," he said.
"Sarabjit`s incident cannot be taken as an isolated incident. The way Pakistan (troopers) beheaded an Indian soldier, Chinese incursion in the Ladakh region and the incidents in Sri Lanka and Maldives reflects the total failure of India`s diplomatic and foreign policy," he said.
He also said the attack in Lahore jail highlights the inability of Pakistan government and its anti-India sentiment.
In Bangalore, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu slammed the "weak and meek" response of the government to Sarabjit and other issues, including the Chinese incursion.
"It is a spineless government. Not just this episode. Even when two Indian soldiers were beheaded (by Pakistan), the government did not utter a single word," Naidu told reporters.
"It (attack on Sarabjit Singh) is a most unfortunate episode. The government did not do anything. It speaks of a weak and meek response of government," he said.
49-year-old Sarabjit was rushed to state-run Jinnah Hospital in Lahore where he was in a "deep coma" and had been put on a ventilator. Doctors were unable to perform surgery on him because of extensive internal bleeding caused by a severe head injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?