Attack on scribes: Gehlot assures action against those involved
Jaipur: Promising action against those responsible for the attack on mediapersons outside Asaram Bapu`s ashram in Jodhpur, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday alluded to possible involvement of BJP and RSS supporters in the incident.
"Such an incident should be condemned by everyone in one voice. And I have seen BJP and RSS supporters on different occasions in such situations when media goes to perform its role," Gehlot told reporters.
The Chief Minister said it was the act of "uncivilised people" and action would be taken against the accused.
"It was an act of uncivilised people. The law will take its own course and action will be taken against all those involved in the crime," he said.
He said the Rajasthan police is handling the case of the controversial godman properly and no one will be allowed to disturb law and order in the state.
Gehlot said, "Many such attacks have taken place in Gujarat. Some of the politicians in Rajasthan are saying that the Gujarat model should be implemented in Rajasthan. I would like to ask them if this is the model they are talking about in which attacks happen."
On the other hand, police have asked the followers of Asaram Bapu, who have gathered at his Ashram in Jodhpur, to leave.
DCP Jodhpur Ajay Lamba said that borders of the district have been sealed and supporters and followers of Asaram will not be allowed to enter into the city to maintain law and order in the state.
"We have also asked neighbouring district to make sure that supporters are not mobilised," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- US Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal drawn for potential semi-final clash
- Long traffic jams may increase risk of cancer!
- Fighters and residents leave besieged Damascus suburb Daraya
- Australian scribe hints weapon data present in leaked Scorpene documents