Attack on scribes: Gehlot assures action against those involved
Jaipur: Promising action against those responsible for the attack on mediapersons outside Asaram Bapu`s ashram in Jodhpur, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday alluded to possible involvement of BJP and RSS supporters in the incident.
"Such an incident should be condemned by everyone in one voice. And I have seen BJP and RSS supporters on different occasions in such situations when media goes to perform its role," Gehlot told reporters.
The Chief Minister said it was the act of "uncivilised people" and action would be taken against the accused.
"It was an act of uncivilised people. The law will take its own course and action will be taken against all those involved in the crime," he said.
He said the Rajasthan police is handling the case of the controversial godman properly and no one will be allowed to disturb law and order in the state.
Gehlot said, "Many such attacks have taken place in Gujarat. Some of the politicians in Rajasthan are saying that the Gujarat model should be implemented in Rajasthan. I would like to ask them if this is the model they are talking about in which attacks happen."
On the other hand, police have asked the followers of Asaram Bapu, who have gathered at his Ashram in Jodhpur, to leave.
DCP Jodhpur Ajay Lamba said that borders of the district have been sealed and supporters and followers of Asaram will not be allowed to enter into the city to maintain law and order in the state.
"We have also asked neighbouring district to make sure that supporters are not mobilised," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city