Attacks on religious places won`t be tolerated: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday strongly condemned the terror strike on the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya and said such attacks on religious places would "never be tolerated".
"The Prime Minister has strongly condemned the blasts in around the sacred Mahabodhi Temple at Bodh Gaya. He has said that our composite culture and traditions teach us respect for all religions and such attacks on religious places will never be tolerated," a Prime Minister`s Office release said.
The Prime Minister also wished speedy recovery to the people injured in the attack.
Serial blasts took place inside and outside the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya early on Sunday morning in which two people were injured.
Congress general secretary and communication department in-charge Ajay Maken said, "We condemn this horrific incident in Bodh Gaya. I urge the state government and other agencies to bring the guilty to justice as soon as possible. We also wish speedy recovery to all the injured."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!