Attacks on religious places won`t be tolerated: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday strongly condemned the terror strike on the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya and said such attacks on religious places would "never be tolerated".
"The Prime Minister has strongly condemned the blasts in around the sacred Mahabodhi Temple at Bodh Gaya. He has said that our composite culture and traditions teach us respect for all religions and such attacks on religious places will never be tolerated," a Prime Minister`s Office release said.
The Prime Minister also wished speedy recovery to the people injured in the attack.
Serial blasts took place inside and outside the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya early on Sunday morning in which two people were injured.
Congress general secretary and communication department in-charge Ajay Maken said, "We condemn this horrific incident in Bodh Gaya. I urge the state government and other agencies to bring the guilty to justice as soon as possible. We also wish speedy recovery to all the injured."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir