Attacks on Team Anna shameful: Varun Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday came out in support of Team Anna, under attack over the use of funds donated by public, and said the attacks were "shameful".
"The concerted manner of attacks on Team Anna is shameful. All of us must strongly oppose this insidious protect-corruption-campaign," Gandhi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
An MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, Gandhi had in August said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for Anna Hazare.
Swami Agnivesh, a former member of Team Anna, had Saturday alleged that activist Arwind Kejriwal had siphoned off Rs.70-80 lakh donated by people to India Against Corruption (IAC) by diverting it to a Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) trust run by Kejriwal.
However, Team Anna has denied all allegations, saying an audit of funds collected from April to September has already been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state