Attacks on Team Anna shameful: Varun Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday came out in support of Team Anna, under attack over the use of funds donated by public, and said the attacks were "shameful".
"The concerted manner of attacks on Team Anna is shameful. All of us must strongly oppose this insidious protect-corruption-campaign," Gandhi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
An MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, Gandhi had in August said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for Anna Hazare.
Swami Agnivesh, a former member of Team Anna, had Saturday alleged that activist Arwind Kejriwal had siphoned off Rs.70-80 lakh donated by people to India Against Corruption (IAC) by diverting it to a Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) trust run by Kejriwal.
However, Team Anna has denied all allegations, saying an audit of funds collected from April to September has already been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic