Attacks on Team Anna shameful: Varun Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday came out in support of Team Anna, under attack over the use of funds donated by public, and said the attacks were "shameful".
"The concerted manner of attacks on Team Anna is shameful. All of us must strongly oppose this insidious protect-corruption-campaign," Gandhi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
An MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, Gandhi had in August said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for Anna Hazare.
Swami Agnivesh, a former member of Team Anna, had Saturday alleged that activist Arwind Kejriwal had siphoned off Rs.70-80 lakh donated by people to India Against Corruption (IAC) by diverting it to a Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) trust run by Kejriwal.
However, Team Anna has denied all allegations, saying an audit of funds collected from April to September has already been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported