Attacks on Team Anna shameful: Varun Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday came out in support of Team Anna, under attack over the use of funds donated by public, and said the attacks were "shameful".
"The concerted manner of attacks on Team Anna is shameful. All of us must strongly oppose this insidious protect-corruption-campaign," Gandhi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
An MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, Gandhi had in August said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for Anna Hazare.
Swami Agnivesh, a former member of Team Anna, had Saturday alleged that activist Arwind Kejriwal had siphoned off Rs.70-80 lakh donated by people to India Against Corruption (IAC) by diverting it to a Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) trust run by Kejriwal.
However, Team Anna has denied all allegations, saying an audit of funds collected from April to September has already been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people