Attacks on Team Anna shameful: Varun Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi on Sunday came out in support of Team Anna, under attack over the use of funds donated by public, and said the attacks were "shameful".
"The concerted manner of attacks on Team Anna is shameful. All of us must strongly oppose this insidious protect-corruption-campaign," Gandhi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
An MP from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, Gandhi had in August said he would present the Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by Team Anna, as a private member`s bill in the Lok Sabha, keeping in mind the huge support from the youth for Anna Hazare.
Swami Agnivesh, a former member of Team Anna, had Saturday alleged that activist Arwind Kejriwal had siphoned off Rs.70-80 lakh donated by people to India Against Corruption (IAC) by diverting it to a Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) trust run by Kejriwal.
However, Team Anna has denied all allegations, saying an audit of funds collected from April to September has already been ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe