Attempt to target oppn may dilute war against corruption: BJP
New Delhi: Accused by erstwhile Team Anna of being hand-in-glove with Congress on the coal block allocation issue, BJP today warned that any attempt to target the opposition parties might dilute the war against corruption.
The party, however, welcomed the group`s political agitation, saying there was nothing wrong in it.
"We welcome their political agitation. There is nothing wrong about it. But, the fact remains that this attempt to target the opposition parties may dilute the war against corruption," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said here.
He said BJP is committed to fight the war against corruption.
"We have been against corruption...BJP is committed to see that this country has a strong Lokpal...In fact, today whatever movement you can see on Lokpal inside Parliament, in the Select Committee, is due to BJP`s pressure. No one can doubt the intention of BJP as far as a strong legislation on anti-corruption is concerned," he said.
"They (erstwhile Team Anna) are into a political agitation and trying to target the opposition too...But there is a lurking suspicion, which may not be true, that if the entire opposition is targeted, in particular the BJP, the battle against corruption would stand diluted," Rudy said.
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif approves death sentences of 11 terrorists