Attempts to break Trivedi from TMC foiled: Mamata
New Delhi: `All is well that ends well`
seemed to be the message of Mamata Banerjee`s visit to
Parliament House on Monday.
On a day when the resignation of Dinesh Trivedi as
Railway Minister was announced, she was seen having coffee and
toast with Trivedi and other party MPs.
The unmistakable signal was that `all is well` in the
Trinamool Congress, the second largest constituent of the
Congress-led UPA having 19 members in the Lok Sabha.
"We are disciplined and we are transparent", she said
alleging that there were attempts to "break" Trivedi from the
Trinamool Congress, which have not succeeded. She did not say
who had made the attempt.
When told that Kabir Suman has turned out to be a rebel
MP, Banerjee shot back, "He is not politically minded. That is
the problem with him".
Banerjee, who was an MP and Union Minister till becoming
the West Bengal Chief Minister last year, said her visit was
like `going down the memory lane`.
Several MPs and Ministers belonging to various parties
enquired about her well being. They included Jairam Ramesh, M
M Pallam Raju, Abhishek Singhvi, Supriya Sule and Vijay
She said she had no plans to meet Congress President
Sonia Gandhi as she is "not well". Banerjee was not happy with
the Congress putting up a candidate for the Rajya Sabha
biennial elections from West Bengal.
Banerjee said she had a "cordial" meeting with Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh. Striking a lighter note, she said
that neither of us had tea as "both of us are on diet".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video