Attend I-Day flag hoisting or face action: Govt tells babus
New Delhi: Ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, government has warned all invited officers that absence from flag hoisting ceremony will be viewed seriously.
"It has been observed that there is, at times, low attendance of the official invitees to the ceremony. This is unacceptable considering that the occasions of great national importance.
"There is clearly a need to remind the officers that it is their duty to attend the Independence Day ceremony," Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth said in a letter to all secretaries of government departments.
In his communique, Seth cited importance of the historic function held at the Red Fort on August 15 every year. "Considering the importance of this national function at which the Prime Minister addresses the nation, it is expected that all the officers who are invited attend the ceremony," he said.
All secretaries have been asked to suitable advise all officers under their ministry or department, who are invited to the ceremony, to attend the function.
"You might also caution them that a serious view would be taken of their absence on this occasion," the Cabinet Secretary said.
Following the directive, many government ministries have issued an internal order to ensure that officers working under them attend the function.
The Independence Day function, which is attended by school children and public, often sees small attendance of government officials.
"The Cabinet Secretary`s order will ensure full attendance of invited officers," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people