Attend I-Day flag hoisting or face action: Govt tells babus
New Delhi: Ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, government has warned all invited officers that absence from flag hoisting ceremony will be viewed seriously.
"It has been observed that there is, at times, low attendance of the official invitees to the ceremony. This is unacceptable considering that the occasions of great national importance.
"There is clearly a need to remind the officers that it is their duty to attend the Independence Day ceremony," Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth said in a letter to all secretaries of government departments.
In his communique, Seth cited importance of the historic function held at the Red Fort on August 15 every year. "Considering the importance of this national function at which the Prime Minister addresses the nation, it is expected that all the officers who are invited attend the ceremony," he said.
All secretaries have been asked to suitable advise all officers under their ministry or department, who are invited to the ceremony, to attend the function.
"You might also caution them that a serious view would be taken of their absence on this occasion," the Cabinet Secretary said.
Following the directive, many government ministries have issued an internal order to ensure that officers working under them attend the function.
The Independence Day function, which is attended by school children and public, often sees small attendance of government officials.
"The Cabinet Secretary`s order will ensure full attendance of invited officers," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping