Attend I-Day flag hoisting or face action: Govt tells babus
New Delhi: Ahead of the Independence Day celebrations, government has warned all invited officers that absence from flag hoisting ceremony will be viewed seriously.
"It has been observed that there is, at times, low attendance of the official invitees to the ceremony. This is unacceptable considering that the occasions of great national importance.
"There is clearly a need to remind the officers that it is their duty to attend the Independence Day ceremony," Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth said in a letter to all secretaries of government departments.
In his communique, Seth cited importance of the historic function held at the Red Fort on August 15 every year. "Considering the importance of this national function at which the Prime Minister addresses the nation, it is expected that all the officers who are invited attend the ceremony," he said.
All secretaries have been asked to suitable advise all officers under their ministry or department, who are invited to the ceremony, to attend the function.
"You might also caution them that a serious view would be taken of their absence on this occasion," the Cabinet Secretary said.
Following the directive, many government ministries have issued an internal order to ensure that officers working under them attend the function.
The Independence Day function, which is attended by school children and public, often sees small attendance of government officials.
"The Cabinet Secretary`s order will ensure full attendance of invited officers," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand