Attitude towards women must change: Pallam Raju
Rajahmundry (AP): Government was taking steps to improve women`s participation in employment by imparting training in skill development, Union HRD Minister M M Pallam Raju said on Sunday.
He also said that "attitude" towards women must change and they be treated equally.
"Women form half of total population of the country but their participation in employment is very low. Government is taking steps to bring them at par with men," Raju said.
He was addressing a book release function in Kakinada near here.
"At this juncture how do we behave with women?...Such attitude should change, and one must think before behaving with them (women) and also give them importance in society," the minister said.
Raju said that a comprehensive plan for the development of youths in the country was on the cards.
"The government is preparing a comprehensive plan for the development and improvement of skills of around 50 crore youths by 2022," he said.
He also stressed on the need to spread awareness among women about issues like health, general medicine among others concerning them.
A tribute was paid to the victims of Uttarakhand floods on the occasion.
Meanwhile, speaking at another function in the city, the minister said that learning Sanskrit was necessary as countries like Germany are showing keen interest in the ancient language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!