Aus to provide scholarships to Indian students
Melbourne: Australia is set to announce
scholarships, specifically for students from India, as part of
its efforts to promote the country as a safe place for Indian
students after a recent spate of attacks on them.
According to Sky news TV channel, the Victoria
government`s scholarships for Indian students would be part of
its USD14 million international education strategy.
Of the USD14 million, the state government will spend
USD 400,000 on international exchange scholarship programme,
Premier of Victoria province John Brumby, who is currently in
New Delhi said today. He is expected to announce the
The programme will support 20 Victorian and 20
international students to undertake study overseas, he said.
Brumby is currently on a mission to repair Melbourne`s
reputation as a safe place for international students to study
after a recent spate of attacks on Indians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!