Aus to provide scholarships to Indian students
Melbourne: Australia is set to announce
scholarships, specifically for students from India, as part of
its efforts to promote the country as a safe place for Indian
students after a recent spate of attacks on them.
According to Sky news TV channel, the Victoria
government`s scholarships for Indian students would be part of
its USD14 million international education strategy.
Of the USD14 million, the state government will spend
USD 400,000 on international exchange scholarship programme,
Premier of Victoria province John Brumby, who is currently in
New Delhi said today. He is expected to announce the
The programme will support 20 Victorian and 20
international students to undertake study overseas, he said.
Brumby is currently on a mission to repair Melbourne`s
reputation as a safe place for international students to study
after a recent spate of attacks on Indians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH