Aus to provide scholarships to Indian students
Melbourne: Australia is set to announce
scholarships, specifically for students from India, as part of
its efforts to promote the country as a safe place for Indian
students after a recent spate of attacks on them.
According to Sky news TV channel, the Victoria
government`s scholarships for Indian students would be part of
its USD14 million international education strategy.
Of the USD14 million, the state government will spend
USD 400,000 on international exchange scholarship programme,
Premier of Victoria province John Brumby, who is currently in
New Delhi said today. He is expected to announce the
The programme will support 20 Victorian and 20
international students to undertake study overseas, he said.
Brumby is currently on a mission to repair Melbourne`s
reputation as a safe place for international students to study
after a recent spate of attacks on Indians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued