Aus to provide scholarships to Indian students
Melbourne: Australia is set to announce
scholarships, specifically for students from India, as part of
its efforts to promote the country as a safe place for Indian
students after a recent spate of attacks on them.
According to Sky news TV channel, the Victoria
government`s scholarships for Indian students would be part of
its USD14 million international education strategy.
Of the USD14 million, the state government will spend
USD 400,000 on international exchange scholarship programme,
Premier of Victoria province John Brumby, who is currently in
New Delhi said today. He is expected to announce the
The programme will support 20 Victorian and 20
international students to undertake study overseas, he said.
Brumby is currently on a mission to repair Melbourne`s
reputation as a safe place for international students to study
after a recent spate of attacks on Indians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das