Austerity: RS dismisses reports on Ansari convening meet
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Wednesday dismissed
reports that an all-party meeting has been convened by
Chairman Hamid Ansari to decide on extending the government`s
austerity drive to MPs.
The Chairman has not received any request from the
government to make it mandatory for all MPs to fly economy
class and there was no proposal to convene an all-party meet,
Rajya Sabha Secretary General V K Agnihotri said in a
Reports said Ansari would soon call an all-party meet to
decide on extending the austerity drive to MPs and that
the meeting would take place after Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Kumar returns from her foreign trip.
The reports also said the government has sent a request
to the Chairman to make it mandatory for all MPs to fly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'