Australia condemns Hyderabad terror bombings
New Delhi: Australia on Friday condemned the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that claimed the lives of 14 people and left many others injured.
In a statement released through the Australian High Commission in New Delhi, Canberra said: "The government and people of Australia express their condolences and sympathy for victims of the bomb attacks in Hyderabad, India, on February 21."
"Australia condemns all acts of terrorism. These bombs appear to have been directed at innocent people, going about their daily business. Foreign Minister Bob Carr said he will be writing to India’s Foreign Minister, Salman Khurshid, to express his support for India`s efforts to prevent terrorist attacks," the statement added.
“Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed or wounded,” Senator Carr said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations