Australia condemns Hyderabad terror bombings
New Delhi: Australia on Friday condemned the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that claimed the lives of 14 people and left many others injured.
In a statement released through the Australian High Commission in New Delhi, Canberra said: "The government and people of Australia express their condolences and sympathy for victims of the bomb attacks in Hyderabad, India, on February 21."
"Australia condemns all acts of terrorism. These bombs appear to have been directed at innocent people, going about their daily business. Foreign Minister Bob Carr said he will be writing to India’s Foreign Minister, Salman Khurshid, to express his support for India`s efforts to prevent terrorist attacks," the statement added.
“Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed or wounded,” Senator Carr said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH