Australia offers its expertise for India`s urban development
New Delhi: Australia has offered its expertise, technology and other cooperation to India in urban development planning.
Australian High Commissioner Patrick Suckling, who met Urban Development and Housing Minister Venkaiah Naidu here today, said that his country has necessary expertise in urban design, construction of new smart cities, green and quality buildings, networked buildings, waste management and urban regeneration and would like to participate in India`s urban development initiatives.
Suckling further said that bilateral trade between the two countries can also be scaled up substantially as coal, gas, uranium, nuclear energy and defence sector also hold immense prospects.
Stating that the last visit of an Indian Parliamentary delegation to Australia was in 1997, the High Commissioner emphasised the need for resumption of such visits.
He also suggested visits of young Indian parliamentarians to Australia besides exploring the prospects of sending the staff working with Indian parliamentarians to his country for internship with Australian law makers.
Appreciating these suggestions, Naidu assured that he would take up these suggestions with the Presiding Officers of both Houses of Parliament.
Thanking the High Commissioner and Australian government for their interest in India`s growth and development, Naidu informed the envoy that various urban development initiatives would be taken up soon and specific proposals from Australia would be considered appropriately.
A senior Urban Development Ministry official said, "The High Commissioner has shown Australia`s interest in playing an active role in realising Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s vision for India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan