Australia to introduce label-free visa for Indians from Oct 1
New Delhi: Now Indians travelling Down Under will not have to face the hassles of getting a visa labelled on their passport, as Australia is introducing label free visa arrangements from October 1.
"Travelling to Australia will now be a lot quicker and easier for Indian travellers as they will no longer need to have a visa label placed in their passport," said Peter Varghese, Australian High Commissioner to India.
As per the new arrangement, people wanting to travel to Australia will have to apply for visa but they won`t have to include their passport with their application.
Instead of a visa label, travellers would receive an electronic visa grant letter the day their visa was granted that would explain all the conditions of their visa.
"This new approach would not only provide Indian travellers with better information about their visas but also reduce processing time and costs as travellers would no longer need to wait to have their passport returned to them by courier," Varghese said.
The label-free travel is not only simpler for the traveller but is also more secure. Unlike a label, which can be misread or manipulated, electronic verification at check-in confirms the real-time status of a person`s visa, he added.
The High Commissioner said that the decision to introduce label-free travel arrangements from India has been welcomed by Indian government, airlines and travel and education agents in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends