Australian Air chief tries hand at flying Su-30
Jodhpur: Australian air chief Air Marshal Geoffrey Brown on Saturday tried his hand on India`s front line fighter plane Su-30 during his two-day visit here.
Jodhpur air base has one squadron of Sukhoi deployed last year, and is set for one more squadron soon.
"He (Brown) flew it over the base as a small sortie and landed on the base expressing his pleasure with the experience," a source said.
Brown had landed at Jodhpur air base with a six-member delegation on Friday evening, with a view to discuss the issues of common interest with air commodore of Jodhpur air force station R N Gaekwad and visit the air force station of Jodhpur.
Besides this, Brown and his wife Amanda also watched the ongoing Horse Polo tournament here at Polo Ground and visited Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace with the delegation.
Brown will fly for New Delhi on Saturday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened