Australian Air chief tries hand at flying Su-30
Jodhpur: Australian air chief Air Marshal Geoffrey Brown on Saturday tried his hand on India`s front line fighter plane Su-30 during his two-day visit here.
Jodhpur air base has one squadron of Sukhoi deployed last year, and is set for one more squadron soon.
"He (Brown) flew it over the base as a small sortie and landed on the base expressing his pleasure with the experience," a source said.
Brown had landed at Jodhpur air base with a six-member delegation on Friday evening, with a view to discuss the issues of common interest with air commodore of Jodhpur air force station R N Gaekwad and visit the air force station of Jodhpur.
Besides this, Brown and his wife Amanda also watched the ongoing Horse Polo tournament here at Polo Ground and visited Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace with the delegation.
Brown will fly for New Delhi on Saturday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!