Australian Air chief tries hand at flying Su-30
Jodhpur: Australian air chief Air Marshal Geoffrey Brown on Saturday tried his hand on India`s front line fighter plane Su-30 during his two-day visit here.
Jodhpur air base has one squadron of Sukhoi deployed last year, and is set for one more squadron soon.
"He (Brown) flew it over the base as a small sortie and landed on the base expressing his pleasure with the experience," a source said.
Brown had landed at Jodhpur air base with a six-member delegation on Friday evening, with a view to discuss the issues of common interest with air commodore of Jodhpur air force station R N Gaekwad and visit the air force station of Jodhpur.
Besides this, Brown and his wife Amanda also watched the ongoing Horse Polo tournament here at Polo Ground and visited Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace with the delegation.
Brown will fly for New Delhi on Saturday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan