Australian Air chief tries hand at flying Su-30
Jodhpur: Australian air chief Air Marshal Geoffrey Brown on Saturday tried his hand on India`s front line fighter plane Su-30 during his two-day visit here.
Jodhpur air base has one squadron of Sukhoi deployed last year, and is set for one more squadron soon.
"He (Brown) flew it over the base as a small sortie and landed on the base expressing his pleasure with the experience," a source said.
Brown had landed at Jodhpur air base with a six-member delegation on Friday evening, with a view to discuss the issues of common interest with air commodore of Jodhpur air force station R N Gaekwad and visit the air force station of Jodhpur.
Besides this, Brown and his wife Amanda also watched the ongoing Horse Polo tournament here at Polo Ground and visited Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace with the delegation.
Brown will fly for New Delhi on Saturday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience