Australian Air chief tries hand at flying Su-30
Jodhpur: Australian air chief Air Marshal Geoffrey Brown on Saturday tried his hand on India`s front line fighter plane Su-30 during his two-day visit here.
Jodhpur air base has one squadron of Sukhoi deployed last year, and is set for one more squadron soon.
"He (Brown) flew it over the base as a small sortie and landed on the base expressing his pleasure with the experience," a source said.
Brown had landed at Jodhpur air base with a six-member delegation on Friday evening, with a view to discuss the issues of common interest with air commodore of Jodhpur air force station R N Gaekwad and visit the air force station of Jodhpur.
Besides this, Brown and his wife Amanda also watched the ongoing Horse Polo tournament here at Polo Ground and visited Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace with the delegation.
Brown will fly for New Delhi on Saturday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok