Australian PM assures Indian students` safety
New Delhi: Australian Prime Minister Kevin
Rudd on Thursday said his government is committed to taking every
"physically possible" step to ensure that all international
students in his country remain safe.
"The Australian government is committed to do all that
is physically possible to ensure that all international
students in Australia have safe and rewarding experience,"
he said at a luncheon meeting hosted by industry chambers CII,
FICCI and Assocham here.
Rudd said Indian students represent the future of
India-Australia business ties and they are "welcome guests in
our country...We have an obligation to extend the hand of
friendship and support to all Indian students".
India`s External Affairs Ministry spokesperson had said
yesterday that "Safety and security of Indian students and
people of Indian origin is of highest importance...
unfortunately attacks have recurred in the last week or so."
Indian students have been the target of racial attacks in
Australia. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and External Affairs
Minister S M Krishna have already taken up the issue with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you