Australian police identifies body of Indian found in Oct
Melbourne: Australian Police has revealed the identity of the Indian national whose body was found in October last year near the New South Wales-Victorian border.
The body of 33-year old Pardeep Kumar, who was a fruit-picking contractor and went missing from Mildura in September last year, was found at Monak, south of Mildura, in October last year, according to ABC report.
Police has identified him through DNA and has appealed for witnesses to come forward with any information.
"In particular we would like to speak to any farmers in the Mildura and Euston areas who may have been approached by Kumar offering his services as a fruit-picking contractor," Detective Sergeant Andrew Spliet from Dareton Detectives said.
"Throughout this investigation, we have spoken to a number of people from the local Indian community, but there are many more we would like to hear from," he said, adding we want to assure them that we have Indian-speaking police officers attached to this investigation, which makes it easier for members of the Indian community to talk to us.
"Any piece of information they give could be vital to solving Kumar`s murder," he said.
Kumar`s family will travel to Australia in the coming days to arrange collection and return of his body to the state of Punjab in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister