Australian police identifies body of Indian found in Oct
Melbourne: Australian Police has revealed the identity of the Indian national whose body was found in October last year near the New South Wales-Victorian border.
The body of 33-year old Pardeep Kumar, who was a fruit-picking contractor and went missing from Mildura in September last year, was found at Monak, south of Mildura, in October last year, according to ABC report.
Police has identified him through DNA and has appealed for witnesses to come forward with any information.
"In particular we would like to speak to any farmers in the Mildura and Euston areas who may have been approached by Kumar offering his services as a fruit-picking contractor," Detective Sergeant Andrew Spliet from Dareton Detectives said.
"Throughout this investigation, we have spoken to a number of people from the local Indian community, but there are many more we would like to hear from," he said, adding we want to assure them that we have Indian-speaking police officers attached to this investigation, which makes it easier for members of the Indian community to talk to us.
"Any piece of information they give could be vital to solving Kumar`s murder," he said.
Kumar`s family will travel to Australia in the coming days to arrange collection and return of his body to the state of Punjab in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed