Australian shoots one in Vizag, arrested
Hyderabad: An Australian national was on Thursday
arrested in Visakhapatnam on charge of attempt to murder after
he allegedly shot at a person with an air gun, police said.
Alibell Lewis, who was allegedly in a drunken state shot
at one A Santosh, on beach road in Visakhapatnam late last
night resulting in injuries on his forehand, they said.
"Santosh who was relieving himself was shot at by Lewis
with the air gun and one pellet pierced through his forehand,"
Two Town Police Circle Inspector Prasad Rao told PTI over
Santosh, a kirana merchant lodged a complaint against
Lewis today after which he was arrested under Section 307 of
IPC (attempt to murder) and was later produced before a local
court which sent him to 14-day judicial remand, Prasad Rao
Lewis, an engineer, is associated with pipeline work
being laid by a state-run Petroleum Company in Visakhapatnam
city for the past two months, the police officer said adding
they have seized the air gun.
Santosh, who sustained injuries on his forehand was
treated as outpatient at a hospital, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read