Australian shoots one in Vizag, arrested
Hyderabad: An Australian national was on Thursday
arrested in Visakhapatnam on charge of attempt to murder after
he allegedly shot at a person with an air gun, police said.
Alibell Lewis, who was allegedly in a drunken state shot
at one A Santosh, on beach road in Visakhapatnam late last
night resulting in injuries on his forehand, they said.
"Santosh who was relieving himself was shot at by Lewis
with the air gun and one pellet pierced through his forehand,"
Two Town Police Circle Inspector Prasad Rao told PTI over
Santosh, a kirana merchant lodged a complaint against
Lewis today after which he was arrested under Section 307 of
IPC (attempt to murder) and was later produced before a local
court which sent him to 14-day judicial remand, Prasad Rao
Lewis, an engineer, is associated with pipeline work
being laid by a state-run Petroleum Company in Visakhapatnam
city for the past two months, the police officer said adding
they have seized the air gun.
Santosh, who sustained injuries on his forehand was
treated as outpatient at a hospital, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs