Australian shoots one in Vizag, arrested
Hyderabad: An Australian national was on Thursday
arrested in Visakhapatnam on charge of attempt to murder after
he allegedly shot at a person with an air gun, police said.
Alibell Lewis, who was allegedly in a drunken state shot
at one A Santosh, on beach road in Visakhapatnam late last
night resulting in injuries on his forehand, they said.
"Santosh who was relieving himself was shot at by Lewis
with the air gun and one pellet pierced through his forehand,"
Two Town Police Circle Inspector Prasad Rao told PTI over
Santosh, a kirana merchant lodged a complaint against
Lewis today after which he was arrested under Section 307 of
IPC (attempt to murder) and was later produced before a local
court which sent him to 14-day judicial remand, Prasad Rao
Lewis, an engineer, is associated with pipeline work
being laid by a state-run Petroleum Company in Visakhapatnam
city for the past two months, the police officer said adding
they have seized the air gun.
Santosh, who sustained injuries on his forehand was
treated as outpatient at a hospital, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!