Average int`l, domestic salary offers go up at IIM-A
Ahmedabad: Average international salary
offered to elite B-school graduates of IIM-A perked up by
40.66 per cent this year, while domestic average rose by over
22.76 per cent with banking and consulting firms figuring
amongst top recruiters on conclusion of placements here on Wednesday.
The average international salary offered to Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) graduates this year
stood at USD 1,10,750 up from last year figures of USD 83,000,
while the average domestic has risen to Rs 14.94 lakh up from
Rs 12.17 offered last year, IIM-A placement cell member said.
"With this new process stretching almost one month, we
have reiterated our conviction that time taken to place the
batch is not an indicator of placement efficiency,"
Chairperson of Placements at IIM-A Prof Saral Mukherjee said.
The cohort based final placements were introduced this
year by IIM-A to ensure a right fit between the students and
recruiters, which saw the return of investment banks to the
This year marked the return of investment banks to
IIM-A, which extended offers both through pre-placement offers
(PPO) and final placements, an IIM-A statement said.
Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, UBS, Deutsche Bank and
Citigroup were amongst the major recruiters to offers roles
through PPO route, and the institute saw JP Morgan, Merrill
Lynch, HSBC and Nomura participate in the finals placement
process, it added.
A batch of 289 Post Graduate Programme (PGP)-2010
students were eligible for placements at IIM-A, out of which
four did not seek placements and five voluntarily vouched to
About 20 firms offering roles in consultancy space
recruited 29 percent of the batch, while banking and financial
services sector saw 27 percent of the batch joining its
workforce, an IIM-A statement said.
Nearly 15 percent of the batch took up roles with
marketing majors such as P&G, HUL, Nestle, Airtel, J&J, Nokia,
Philips, Titan, Cadbury amongst others.
Likewise 13 percent of the batch were offered roles
in IT firms with Google, Amazon, Cognizan, Wipro, Mindtree and
Rediff figuring amongst the prominent recruiters.
The B-school graduates were offered general management
roles by Tata Administrative Services (TAS), and groups such
as Aditya Birla, Mahindra, Essar, Lodha and Philips amongst
others, they said.
Around 40 offers were extended by global firms,
comprising niche consulting firms, investment banks and
private equity firms, across four cohorts that constituted
Mckinsey & Co and Boston Consulting group gave eight
acceptances including PPOs, Monitor group gave five
acceptances, Bain and Company, Booz and Company, AT Kearney
and Oliver Wyman went back satisfied with the quality of
students recruited from IIM-A, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...