Avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha: Deoband
Muzaffarnagar: On the eve of Id-Ul-Zuha, leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed to Muslims to avoid on the festival day cow slaughter in states where it has been banned to respect the sentiments of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, "As a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims to avoid cow slaughter in the states where government has banned it on the occasion
of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of `qurbani` (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told a news agency.
The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the municipal authorities as part of cleanliness drive during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire