Avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha: Deoband
Muzaffarnagar: On the eve of Id-Ul-Zuha, leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed to Muslims to avoid on the festival day cow slaughter in states where it has been banned to respect the sentiments of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, "As a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims to avoid cow slaughter in the states where government has banned it on the occasion
of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of `qurbani` (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told a news agency.
The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the municipal authorities as part of cleanliness drive during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account