Avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha: Deoband
Muzaffarnagar: On the eve of Id-Ul-Zuha, leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed to Muslims to avoid on the festival day cow slaughter in states where it has been banned to respect the sentiments of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, "As a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims to avoid cow slaughter in the states where government has banned it on the occasion
of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of `qurbani` (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told a news agency.
The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the municipal authorities as part of cleanliness drive during the festival.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today