Avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha: Deoband
Muzaffarnagar: On the eve of Id-Ul-Zuha, leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed to Muslims to avoid on the festival day cow slaughter in states where it has been banned to respect the sentiments of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, "As a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims to avoid cow slaughter in the states where government has banned it on the occasion
of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of `qurbani` (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told a news agency.
The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the municipal authorities as part of cleanliness drive during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia