Avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha: Deoband
Muzaffarnagar: On the eve of Id-Ul-Zuha, leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed to Muslims to avoid on the festival day cow slaughter in states where it has been banned to respect the sentiments of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, "As a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims to avoid cow slaughter in the states where government has banned it on the occasion
of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of `qurbani` (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told a news agency.
The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the municipal authorities as part of cleanliness drive during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief