Avoid revealing all: PC to J&K interlocutors
New Delhi: Centre`s three interlocutors for Jammu and Kashmir have been able to change the "discourse" in the state, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Monday but asked them to refrain from giving a "ball-by-ball commentary" about the progress made in their dialogue.
Presenting his ministry`s report for October, Chidambaram told reporters that after the recent visit of the All Party Delegation to the state, "there is a sense of expectation that the political problem of Jammu and Kashmir will be addressed in all seriousness."
He said the interlocutors have, to some extent, changed the discourse in the state and "I sincerely hope that the people in the state will give peace a chance and give dialogue a chance."
However, there was a quick word of caution from the Home Minister when he was asked about the claims made by one of the interlocutors about submission of a peace plan by a terrorist.
"I think media should not ask and interlocutors should not give a ball-by-ball commentary about their dialogue. This is interlocution. This is not a cricket match," he said.
When it was noted that the statement was made by one of the interlocutors during a TV show, he said "that is because you ask questions."
On criticism from BJP of remarks made by interlocutors, he said if the party wants the dialogue process to succeed, it "should show restraint and not make these completely baseless allegations. They should give the dialogue process a chance to succeed."
Noting that the situation in the Valley was gradually getting back to normal, Chidambaram, who returned from the state last evening, however, added that it is "too early" to say that everything is normal there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says