Aware, engaged youth will transform India: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said "aware and engaged" youth are the force that will transform India.
"Aware and engaged youth are a force that can transform India and enable it to get rid of poverty, disease, underdevelopment and ignorance," the prime minister told a National Cadet Corps (NCC) rally here.
"The youth today are not only aware and ready to articulate their views, but are also willing to participate in shaping our society. There is tremendous yearning amongst our youth to transform our society for the better," he said.
"The energy, the vitality and enthusiasm of our youth augurs well for our nation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'