Aware, engaged youth will transform India: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said "aware and engaged" youth are the force that will transform India.
"Aware and engaged youth are a force that can transform India and enable it to get rid of poverty, disease, underdevelopment and ignorance," the prime minister told a National Cadet Corps (NCC) rally here.
"The youth today are not only aware and ready to articulate their views, but are also willing to participate in shaping our society. There is tremendous yearning amongst our youth to transform our society for the better," he said.
"The energy, the vitality and enthusiasm of our youth augurs well for our nation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra