Aware of right-wing Hindu outfits` role in blasts: Pillai
New Delhi: The government on Friday said it was
aware that elements in certain right wing Hindu outfits were
allegedly involved in terror activities in the country.
"We are aware about that," Union Home Secretary Gopal K
Pillai told reporters when asked about reports that elements
in certain right wing Hindu outfits were allegedly involved in
some bomb explosions in the country.
Pillai, however, did not specify which outfits were
involved in such acts.
The CBI, which is probing into the Mecca Masjid and Ajmer
blast cases, has recently said that the agency did not
question any RSS functionary during the probe.
CBI Director Ashwani Kumar had said that the reports
about the agency questioning RSS leaders in connection with
the terror attacks in Mecca Masjid and Ajmer were not correct.
The RSS also had said its functionaries will "cooperate"
with agencies probing alleged links of Hindu groups in certain
bomb blast cases, but termed as "baseless" suggestions that
some of its members were involved in the crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery