Ayodhya case: CBI playing partisan role, says BJP
New Delhi: The BJP today accused the CBI of playing a "partisan" role in pursuing the Ayodhya case against party leader L K Advani and decided to raise the issue in Parliament.
At its weekly meeting here, the BJP Parliamentary Party discussed the role of the CBI in a number of cases and decided that these issues be raised in both Houses with the utmost seriousness.
"We discussed how despite the Supreme Court rejecting Advani`s role in Ayodhya case time and again, the CBI is pursuing this case with an ulterior motive and engaging in selective leaks to the media though the matter is pending in the Supreme Court. This is deplorable," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, adding that at the same time, the CBI is also shielding the government in corruption cases.
"The deliberate witch-hunting by the CBI in the Ayodhya case was discussed in our meeting. The Supreme Court has thrice rejected the plea that the two cases (regarding Babri Masjid demolition) need to be clubbed. But the CBI has raked up the issue again after 11 years," Prasad said.
"The CBI is working through an agenda as a front of the Congress party. When Parliament is in session, it is deliberately playing the political game of the Congress party...The sinister, malafide, motivated partisan role of the CBI in the last two months shall be highlighted inside and outside Parliament," Prasad said.
The BJP also decided to demand suspension of Question Hour in both Houses to discuss the Aircel-Maxis deal in which then Finance Minister P Chidambaram`s son was allegedly favoured. .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'