Ayodhya issue not a priority for LS polls: Naqvi
Panaji: The BJP on Thursday said that the Ayodhya issue is very much on the party`s agenda, but has not been considered as a priority while chalking out strategy for the next Lok Sabha polls.
"We never said Ayodhya is not on our agenda. But as far as priority is concerned, the issues like price rise, corruption, bad governance top it," BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here, ahead of the party`s National Executive meeting.
"We are honest as far as our ideological commitment (on temple issue) is concerned. But, in Goa we would be discussing the political issues," the leader said responding to a question.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s three-day National Executive would be held in Goa from tomorrow to decide strategy for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Predicting that Lok Sabha elections might happen this year, Naqvi said that the National Executive will discuss the issues related to politics and internal security of the country by passing various resolutions.
"The party will take ground level feedback on various issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge