Ayodhya issue not a priority for LS polls: Naqvi
Panaji: The BJP on Thursday said that the Ayodhya issue is very much on the party`s agenda, but has not been considered as a priority while chalking out strategy for the next Lok Sabha polls.
"We never said Ayodhya is not on our agenda. But as far as priority is concerned, the issues like price rise, corruption, bad governance top it," BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here, ahead of the party`s National Executive meeting.
"We are honest as far as our ideological commitment (on temple issue) is concerned. But, in Goa we would be discussing the political issues," the leader said responding to a question.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s three-day National Executive would be held in Goa from tomorrow to decide strategy for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Predicting that Lok Sabha elections might happen this year, Naqvi said that the National Executive will discuss the issues related to politics and internal security of the country by passing various resolutions.
"The party will take ground level feedback on various issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees