Ayodhya litigants back `holy war` waged by Anna
Ayodhya: Mahant Gyan Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, main litigants in the Ayodhya title suit, on Friday announced their support for the anti-graft movement led by Anna Hazare and said they are ready to march to Delhi.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest and main litigants in the title suits, and Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari who is also president of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad today addressed a joint press conference at Hanuman Garhi temple here.
"We openly support Anna and his cause and we are also ready to march to Delhi with our followers and devotees if needed," Das and Ansari said in a joint statement.
Talking to media persons they said that their support for Anna is purely for the "holy war" which he is leading and they should not be clubbed with RSS, VHP and BJP who have also announced to support Anna.
"We are against corruption and also against the saffron politics and communalism being spread by right wing saffron brigade," said Gyan Das and Hashim Ansari.
"We believe in true religious activities and we do not want to do politics of religion so this is pure secular support for Anna," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail