Ayodhya litigants back `holy war` waged by Anna
Ayodhya: Mahant Gyan Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, main litigants in the Ayodhya title suit, on Friday announced their support for the anti-graft movement led by Anna Hazare and said they are ready to march to Delhi.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest and main litigants in the title suits, and Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari who is also president of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad today addressed a joint press conference at Hanuman Garhi temple here.
"We openly support Anna and his cause and we are also ready to march to Delhi with our followers and devotees if needed," Das and Ansari said in a joint statement.
Talking to media persons they said that their support for Anna is purely for the "holy war" which he is leading and they should not be clubbed with RSS, VHP and BJP who have also announced to support Anna.
"We are against corruption and also against the saffron politics and communalism being spread by right wing saffron brigade," said Gyan Das and Hashim Ansari.
"We believe in true religious activities and we do not want to do politics of religion so this is pure secular support for Anna," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre