Ayodhya: Litigants hopeful of peaceful solution
Ayodhya: Negotiations for a peaceful out of
court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute have reached their
final stage and their outcome will soon be submitted before
the Supreme Court, Hashim Ansari and Mahant Gyan Das, who
began the process, on Monday claimed.
"The negotiation process is in the final stage and the
outcome will be submitted before the Supreme Court soon,
Hashim Ansari, the main petitioner in the Babri Masjid case,
Denying reports that he has approached the Supreme Court
because he has given up hope for an out of court settlement of
the dispute, Ansari said moving to the apex court was part of
the process to implement an out of court settlement which they
have worked out after taking into confidence the Hindu and
Muslim religious leaders across the country.
"If I am not a party in the Supreme Court, then on which
basis I shall produce the agreement of negotiation before the
judges," asked Ansari who along with Mahant Gyan Das, began
the process for a peaceful settlement of the dispute in the
wake of Allahabad High court verdict in the Ayodhya title
suits in September last year.
Ansari had approached the Supreme Court as a party of the
Sunni Central Wakf Board of Uttar Pradesh in the case on
February 13 this year. The other two parties in the case are
the Nirmohi Akhara and "Friends of Ram Lalla".
Terming reports that the peace process has collapsed as a
"propaganda spread by hardliners", chief priest of Ayodhya`s
famous Hanuman Garhi temple Mahant Gyan Das said, "We are at
the final stage of our efforts and Hashim Ansari`s going to
the Supreme Court was pre-decided and I was well informed."
Being a party in the case in the Supreme Court, Hashim
Ansari will have the right to put the agreement reached
through negotiations before the court, the priest said.
When asked about the outlines of the agreement, Das said,
"Neither Hindus nor Muslims will feel defeated as the
negotiation being decided by the religious leaders will bring
joy and peace in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what