Ayodhya: Litigants hopeful of peaceful solution
Ayodhya: Negotiations for a peaceful out of
court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute have reached their
final stage and their outcome will soon be submitted before
the Supreme Court, Hashim Ansari and Mahant Gyan Das, who
began the process, on Monday claimed.
"The negotiation process is in the final stage and the
outcome will be submitted before the Supreme Court soon,
Hashim Ansari, the main petitioner in the Babri Masjid case,
Denying reports that he has approached the Supreme Court
because he has given up hope for an out of court settlement of
the dispute, Ansari said moving to the apex court was part of
the process to implement an out of court settlement which they
have worked out after taking into confidence the Hindu and
Muslim religious leaders across the country.
"If I am not a party in the Supreme Court, then on which
basis I shall produce the agreement of negotiation before the
judges," asked Ansari who along with Mahant Gyan Das, began
the process for a peaceful settlement of the dispute in the
wake of Allahabad High court verdict in the Ayodhya title
suits in September last year.
Ansari had approached the Supreme Court as a party of the
Sunni Central Wakf Board of Uttar Pradesh in the case on
February 13 this year. The other two parties in the case are
the Nirmohi Akhara and "Friends of Ram Lalla".
Terming reports that the peace process has collapsed as a
"propaganda spread by hardliners", chief priest of Ayodhya`s
famous Hanuman Garhi temple Mahant Gyan Das said, "We are at
the final stage of our efforts and Hashim Ansari`s going to
the Supreme Court was pre-decided and I was well informed."
Being a party in the case in the Supreme Court, Hashim
Ansari will have the right to put the agreement reached
through negotiations before the court, the priest said.
When asked about the outlines of the agreement, Das said,
"Neither Hindus nor Muslims will feel defeated as the
negotiation being decided by the religious leaders will bring
joy and peace in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends