Ayodhya solution: ABHM, Nirmohi Akhara differ
Ayodhya: With the Nirmohi Akhara agreeing
to explore possibilities of an amicable solution to the Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, the Akhil Bharat Hindu
Mahasabha has decided to distance itself from the Akhara.
"I was scheduled to meet Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara
Bhaskar Das this morning, but cancelled that programme as it
has joined the talks for an out-of-court settlement of the
dispute," Kamlesh Tiwari state president of ABHM, a party
in Ayodhya title suits, said.
"We are of the view that the entire site belongs to
the Hindu community and we will not accept any division of
their land," he added.
Tiwari said the Mahasabha will challenge the Allahabad
High Court verdict in the Supreme Court by the end of this
The ABHM had earlier announced its support to the
Akhara and filed a joint appeal in the apex court.
"We will file an appeal in the apex court for complete
ownership of the disputed land in Ayodhya to Nirmohi Akhara.
The Mahasabha will also plead that the Akhara should be given
the right to perform puja at the makeshift temple," Tiwari had
The statement came after a delegation of ABHM had met
Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara Bhaskar Das and had a detailed
discussion with him.
"If required we will file a joint appeal with the
Akhara," Tiwari had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared