Ayodhya solution: ABHM, Nirmohi Akhara differ
Ayodhya: With the Nirmohi Akhara agreeing
to explore possibilities of an amicable solution to the Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, the Akhil Bharat Hindu
Mahasabha has decided to distance itself from the Akhara.
"I was scheduled to meet Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara
Bhaskar Das this morning, but cancelled that programme as it
has joined the talks for an out-of-court settlement of the
dispute," Kamlesh Tiwari state president of ABHM, a party
in Ayodhya title suits, said.
"We are of the view that the entire site belongs to
the Hindu community and we will not accept any division of
their land," he added.
Tiwari said the Mahasabha will challenge the Allahabad
High Court verdict in the Supreme Court by the end of this
The ABHM had earlier announced its support to the
Akhara and filed a joint appeal in the apex court.
"We will file an appeal in the apex court for complete
ownership of the disputed land in Ayodhya to Nirmohi Akhara.
The Mahasabha will also plead that the Akhara should be given
the right to perform puja at the makeshift temple," Tiwari had
The statement came after a delegation of ABHM had met
Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara Bhaskar Das and had a detailed
discussion with him.
"If required we will file a joint appeal with the
Akhara," Tiwari had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Attacks on African nationals: MOS VK Singh calls them 'minor scuffle', stokes controversy
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'
- LinkedIn notifies massive data breach, millions of passwords may have been leaked
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls