Ayodhya solution: ABHM, Nirmohi Akhara differ
Ayodhya: With the Nirmohi Akhara agreeing
to explore possibilities of an amicable solution to the Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, the Akhil Bharat Hindu
Mahasabha has decided to distance itself from the Akhara.
"I was scheduled to meet Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara
Bhaskar Das this morning, but cancelled that programme as it
has joined the talks for an out-of-court settlement of the
dispute," Kamlesh Tiwari state president of ABHM, a party
in Ayodhya title suits, said.
"We are of the view that the entire site belongs to
the Hindu community and we will not accept any division of
their land," he added.
Tiwari said the Mahasabha will challenge the Allahabad
High Court verdict in the Supreme Court by the end of this
The ABHM had earlier announced its support to the
Akhara and filed a joint appeal in the apex court.
"We will file an appeal in the apex court for complete
ownership of the disputed land in Ayodhya to Nirmohi Akhara.
The Mahasabha will also plead that the Akhara should be given
the right to perform puja at the makeshift temple," Tiwari had
The statement came after a delegation of ABHM had met
Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara Bhaskar Das and had a detailed
discussion with him.
"If required we will file a joint appeal with the
Akhara," Tiwari had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!