Ayodhya title suit: Hindu Mahasabha to approach SC
New Delhi: The Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
has decided to move the Supreme Court challenging the
Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ramjanmbhoomi-Babri Masjid
title suits, contending that the entire disputed site should
be alloted to Hindus.
The Mahasabha will submit that the High Court had erred
in directing that 2.77 acres of disputed land be divided into
three parts among Muslims, Hindus and Nirmohi Akhara.
"We will be filing an appeal in the Supreme Court on
Monday and we will not sit idle till we get the entire
disputed land for the construction of a magnificent Ram Temple
there," Kamlesh Tiwari, member of the Mahasabha, told a press
The Mahasabha has earlier filed a caveat to pre-empt any
ex-parte order on the Ayodhya title dispute.
The title dispute on Ramjanmbhoomi-Babri Masjid
structure has already reached the Supreme Court with Jamiat
Ulama-i-Hind (JUH) and Sunni Wakf Board challenging the
Allahabad High Court`s verdict.
Challenging the verdict of the High Court`s Lucknow
bench, the JUH too had submitted in the appeal that the
judgement is based on faith and not on evidence.
"It is humbly submitted that the mosque was illegally
demolished. However, the ruins still exist. The foundation of
the mosque is still intact. Title would not extinguish by
demolishing the mosque," it said.
A three-judge bench of the High Court had passed three
separate judgements on September 30 but the majority verdict
held that the area covered by the central dome of the
three-domed structure, where the idol of Lord Rama is
situated, belongs to Hindus.
While two judges were of the view that the entire
disputed land should be divided into three equal parts, each
to be given to Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi Akhara and the
parties representing `Ram Lalla Virajman`, one of the judges
had held that the entire disputed area belonged to Hindus.
Earlier, a Delhi MLA Shoaib Iqbal had also filed the
appeal in the apex court but the Supreme Court refused to
entertain it saying the petition "is misconceived. Hence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read